6.24.2010

Bother

Hallo all! It HAS been awhile, has it not? I've been a little overwhelmed with uni, work, writer's club, writing the the newspaper, and a new leadership position with some friends... And of course, drinking until I black out once a week (the most important part, naturally.)
I suppose I'm posting just to waste time before I have to study for my psych 102 midterm in two (maybe 3) weeks. Really not excited in the least.
Well, I guess I could inform the interwebs of current goings on around me. There's really not much to report, if I'm going to be deathly honest.
I have blue and black hair, I got 63% on my first of two midterms, work sucks in general due to staffing and other random changes. I've been trying to watch more movies recently, so I can actually have an opinion for customers when they ask the inevitable question:
"What's a good movie?"
As if there could ever be a more vague and aggrivating question, but, as it is, they expect an answer. True be told, I watched Remember Me with Robert Pattinson (Twilight Saga, How To Be, Harry Potter 4), and absolutely loved it. It's definately a snooze or adore, but it was worth watching in my mind. I also watched She's Out Of My League with Jay Baruchel (Tropic Thunder, The Socerer's Apprentice, Knocked Up) and thought it was SO funny, and worth a watch as well.
Playlists recently have been filled with Marianas Trench (of course), the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack, a bunch of Down With Webster, and S Club 7's last cd. I know, I'm freaking awesome. I have also reignited my love of the Beatles and Across the Universe (soundtrack and movie).
Good books that I've read lately: Good Omens by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman. Stardust by Neil Gaiman was also a great read. These are older books, but I happen to be a fan of the vintage novels. Pretty soon I'm going to crack into Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, but I want to read the rest of the 'Hitchhikers' series by Douglas Adams.

Random note; I wrote an opinion piece for the school's paper, and it was about why Batman is awesome, and one of the staff writers decided to battle me with ink and push out a rebutle on why he's a waste of a comic book character. It was actually really fun. Perhaps, when the paper's printed, I'll post both of them on here so other people can enjoy it.
I've written a modern, shorter version of Shakespeare's Macbeth for my writer's club as well. It was fun to write, and I had one of my professor's read over it and make a few changes. I'm pretty sure I want to post that here, too, to get other's opinions before I have it ripped apart by my peers.

Drink of the month for me has been a 'girly drink', apparently. Bacardi Breezer's Pina Colada. It may be a cooler, but it tastes amazing, and gets me primed for harder drinks, such as straight shots of Raspberry vodka (3 in fact, in a matter of seconds. Much fun was to be had at that party.)

I'm going to post something else not long from now, because I DO want to be completely honest with myself, and show the world that I'm not afraid to show it. I know no one really reads this, but it'll make me feel better, so if you DO follow my blogs, keep an eye out, I'll be posting again within the next few hours (after a study session... at 11 o'clock at night.)
Thanks for reading. Much love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment